A person could get sick within a period of 1 day to 14 days before experiencing symptoms of coronavirus disease.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are:
- hard to breathe
- aches and pains
- sore throat
Most people (or around 80%) will recover from this disease without the need for special treatment.
At present, no vaccine has been found to prevent coronavirus (COVID-19).
But for prevention, you can protect yourself and help prevent the spread of this virus to others if you do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water (or rub your hands with alcohol)
- Cover your nose and mouth with disposable tissues or bend your elbows when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with unhealthy people
- Stay at home and isolate yourself from others at home if you feel unwell
- Do not smoke and other activities that can weaken lung function
- Practice keeping a distance by avoiding unnecessary trips
- Steer clear of crowds or avoid crowds (stay away from large groups of people)
And, don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
As stated above that special drugs have not been found to prevent or treat coronavirus (COVID-19).
What is most needed when a person experiences symptoms is supportive care to help them breathe.
If someone has mild symptoms, stay home until he recovers.
Symptoms will subside if:
- rest and sleep
- keep warm
- drink lots of fluids
- a hot bath to help relieve a sore throat and cough
What to do if someone experiences symptoms of corona virus disease?
If someone has a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately.
Contact in advance and tell the health provider about the last trip taken. Or the latest contact with other people / outsiders.
Other articles about CoronaVirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) read on Corona Virus (COVID-19)